Device name: BANANA
nic
2004-02-23 15:30:12 UTC
after downloaded setup disk fron www.bootdisk.com, i
tried to re boot my pc and the following msg appear

CD-ROM Device Driver for IDE (Four Channels Supported)
(C) Copyright Oak Technology Inc. 1993-1996
Driver Version : V340
Device Name : BANANA
No drives found, aborting installation

Device driver not found :'BANANA'
No valid CDROM device drivers selected
A:\>

from here, i cannot go to c prompt...

Please help me to solve it.

thank you so much
Jeff Richards
2004-02-24 09:05:14 UTC
You can probably ignore the message. BANANA is just an arbitrary label that
is used during the boot process. The message indicates that the particular
driver was not compatible with your machine and did not get installed . One
of the other drivers should have succeeded. The name is not important - all
that matters is that you can access the CD drive to install Windows.
Exactly what make and model of CD drive does this machine have?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP W95/W98
Post by nic
after downloaded setup disk fron www.bootdisk.com, i
tried to re boot my pc and the following msg appear
CD-ROM Device Driver for IDE (Four Channels Supported)
(C) Copyright Oak Technology Inc. 1993-1996
Driver Version : V340
Device Name : BANANA
No drives found, aborting installation
Device driver not found :'BANANA'
No valid CDROM device drivers selected
A:\>
thank you so much
Gerry Voras
thank you so much
Jeff Richards
2004-02-26 21:31:44 UTC
BANANA is the OAK driver (unless nic has edited his CONFIG.SYS, in which
case it's not likely he would have asked the question). So we know that
won't work.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP W95/W98
Ben Myers
2004-02-25 18:31:22 UTC
Some older computers have the CD drive hooked up
through a sound card. If that is the case, you will have
to load the sound card driver as well. If not, please
repost with the manufacturer and model of the CD
drive.

Ben
Post by nic
after downloaded setup disk fron www.bootdisk.com, i
tried to re boot my pc and the following msg appear
CD-ROM Device Driver for IDE (Four Channels Supported)
(C) Copyright Oak Technology Inc. 1993-1996
Driver Version : V340
Device Name : BANANA
No drives found, aborting installation
Device driver not found :'BANANA'